Congratulations President’s Meritorious Service Award winners!MICHAEL K. YOUNG
March 28, 2018
I am pleased to announce that the recipients of the 2018 President’s Meritorious Service Awards have been selected.
This prestigious award recognizes and rewards staff for their commendable service to our great university. Recipients have demonstrated their commitment to the Aggie core values of excellence, integrity, leadership, loyalty, respect and selfless service. To each of them, I extend my most sincere congratulations and deep appreciation for their tremendous efforts that make Texas A&M such a great place to work.
Congratulations to the following 25 individual staff members, two supervisors, and two teams who were selected for their meritorious service to Texas A&M University!
Individual Award Recipients
- Rafael Almanzar, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- Brad Barnes, Athletic Compliance Office, Athletics
- Jennifer Bradford, Department of Biology, College of Science
- Steve Canon, Department of Animal Science, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- Jose Castillo Villa, Utilities & Energy Services
- Jennifer Fleming, Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences, College of Liberal Arts
- Kimberly Fox, Public Partnership and Outreach
- Sharon Haigler, Academic Success Center
- Sandra Harnden, Office of the Dean of Faculties
- Faustina Herrera, SSC Services for Education
- David Jones, Real Estate Center, Mays Business School
- Therese Kucera, Transportation Services
- Donna Lovell, Academic Affairs Business Services
- Loria Lynce, Office of Business Affairs, College of Medicine
- Meredith Malnar, Offices of the Dean of Student Life
- Marcos Mendez, Athletic Compliance Office, Athletics
- Yasuko Sakurai, Utilities & Energy Services
- Shahrzad Sameri, Office of Admissions, San Antonio Prospective Student Center
- Misty Skaggs, Dean’s Office, College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
- Shelley Smith, Department of Construction Science, College of Architecture
- Sheryl Stebenne, Department of Materials Science & Engineering, College of Engineering
- Sylvia Kraeft, Enterprise Information Systems
- Vidal Villarreal, Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
- Stanislav Vitha, Microscopy and Imaging Center
- Becky Watson, University Center & Special Events
Supervisor Award Recipients
- Barbara Bayer, Dean’s Office, College of Geosciences
- David Wentling, Office of Student Services, College of Architecture
Team Award Recipients
- Healthy South Texas Team, Health Science Center: Tiffany Bond, Patricia Mayland, Maria Garcia, Jill Crouch, Delia Martinez, Sandra Garcia, Cheryl Bullen, Liza Cardenas, Maira Caudillo-Balandran, Diane Cavazos, Rudy Flores, Veronica Ford, Evelia Castillo, Rose Lucio and Debra Kellstedt
- Hurricane Harvey Evacuation Team, TAMU-Galveston: Alex Crouse, Sarah West, Branston Harris, Joe-Nathan Timmons, Joe Hoff and Betsy Bremer
All university employees, as well as Chartwells and SSC Services for Education employees, are invited to the award ceremony honoring these outstanding staff members. The ceremony will be held on Monday, April 23 at 3:30 p.m. in the MSC Bethancourt Ballroom. A reception with refreshments will follow the ceremony and serve as the official kick-off for Staff Appreciation Week at Texas A&M.
Please join me in recognizing the winners of the 2018 President’s Meritorious Service Awards and in thanking them for their selfless service to Texas A&M University.
Michael K. Young