FEARLESS at 140MICHAEL K. YOUNG
September 28, 2016
Recently I announced our new national branding campaign, Fearless on Every Front, which introduces the world to the great contributions that Texas A&M University provides to solving great global challenges.
Next week, the campaign rollout continues with a variety of events surrounding our university's 140th birthday. We're calling the week Fearless at 140 and I hope you will join us for some or all of the activities:
- On Monday, October 3rd, we will be holding a Fearless Giving Food Drive to promote the Aggie core value of selfless service.
- On Tuesday, October 4th, I will deliver the State of the University Address that will be live-streamed to our other campuses and available for viewing online afterwards. The speech will focus on our pursuit of excellence in transformational education, innovation and impact.
- On Wednesday, October 5th, we will launch a Fearless at 140 Scavenger Hunt that will include a multi-day journey across 140 campus sites in pursuit of scholarship prizes.
- On Thursday, October 6th, we have partnered with Traditions Council to host a 140th Birthday celebration in Academic Plaza, and I hope you all stop by for cake and festivities.
- On Friday, October 7th, I will join the Texas A&M Foundation to present a status report to donors on the $4 billion Lead by Example comprehensive campaign. That evening, The Association of Former Students will recognize recipients of the 2016 Distinguished Alumnus Awards, an incredible honor bestowed upon 12 Texas A&M former students.
- On Saturday, October 8th, the Aggies will play Tennessee at Kyle Field. Also, winners of the Fearless at 140 Scavenger Hunt will be awarded their prizes at the game.
We have much to celebrate as we continue our momentum rooted in history, celebrated in traditions, and continued in our pursuit of excellence.