Announcing President’s Meritorious Service Award Recipients
MICHAEL K. YOUNG
February 2, 2017
I am delighted to announce that the recipients of the 2016-2017 President’s Meritorious Service Awards have been selected. As you may recall, a nomination period was held this fall. From the nominations submitted, an anonymous committee, comprised of representatives from across campus, had the difficult task of selecting the award winners from an extraordinary group of nominees. Many thanks to this dedicated committee for their service.
The President’s Meritorious Service Awards recognize and reward staff for their commendable service to our great university. Recipients of this highly prestigious award have demonstrated their commitment to the Aggie core values of excellence, integrity, leadership, loyalty, respect and selfless service. To each of them, I extend my most sincere congratulations and deep appreciation for their tremendous efforts that make Texas A&M such a great place to live and work.
Congratulations to the following 25 individual staff members, two supervisors, and two teams who were selected for their meritorious service to Texas A&M University!
Individual Award Recipients
- Deborah Barnett, School of Law
- Leona Bay, SSC Service Solutions
- Sandra Chavarria, Office of the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies
- Amanda Flores, Memorial Student Center
- Tracy Foster, Office of Budget and Planning
- Dustin Grabsch, Residence Life
- Ada Green, Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness
- James Izat, Division of Research
- Ruth Manning, Sponsored Research Services
- Donna Pantel, University Writing Center
- Pascale Parker, Study Abroad Programs Office
- Neil Peltier, University Center & Special Events
- David Reed, Department of Biology
- Ra’sheedah Richardson, Center for Teaching Excellence
- Lisa Rosser, Division of Finance and Administration
- Suzanne Rosser, Department of Geology and Geophysics
- Timothy St. Martin, Department of Physics & Astronomy
- Jeannine Scambray, Department of Psychology
- Colby Seay, Study Abroad and Academic Services, Texas A&M University at Qatar
- Stuart Slattery, Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, Information Technology
- Kathleen Speed, Academic Success Center
- Sara Thigpin, Dean’s Office, College of Science
- Tammy Whisenant, Department of English
- Angela Winkler, Offices of the Dean of Student Life
- Janeen Wood, Department of International Affairs, Bush School
Supervisor Award Recipients
- Michael Krenz, Residence Life
- Michelle Steedly, Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness
Team Award Recipients
- Employment Services Team, Career Center: Shirley Alvarado, Ashley Bryant, Martha Fields, Kevin McGinnis, Brenda Riley, Megan Stoltzfus, Sue Wolfert, Susan Wyatt
- Extended Education, Bush School: Rebecca Burgner, Lynn Cagle, Linda Heritage, Jennifer Lampo, Ruth McMullan, Courtney Shuttlesworth, Ashlee Treadway
All University employees, as well as Chartwells and SSC Service Solutions employees, are invited to the award ceremony honoring these outstanding staff members. The ceremony will be held on Monday, February 27, 2017, at 3:30 pm. in MSC Bethancourt Ballroom. A reception with refreshments will be held following the ceremony and will serve as the official kick-off of Staff Appreciation Week at Texas A&M.
Each individual recipient will receive a $1,000 cash award, a commemorative plaque, and a lapel pin. Teams will be recognized with a plaque for departmental display. Members of each of the teams will receive a cash award of $200, a framed certificate of recognition and a lapel pin. Each recipient of the Supervisor Award will receive a $1,500 cash award, a commemorative plaque, and a lapel pin. The President's Meritorious Service Awards program is sponsored by the Office of the President and The Association of Former Students and coordinated by the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness. Visit employees.tamu.edu/pmsa for additional information.
Please join me in recognizing the winners of the 2016-2017 President’s Meritorious Service Awards and in congratulating them for their selfless service to Texas A&M University.
Michael K. Young