Faculty and Staff Recruitment and Recognition
On January 25, 2021, the Texas A&M University System Board of Regents (BoR) approved actions recommended by the Office of the President, including $24.75 million additional investment in serving our land grant mission in diversity, equity, and inclusion. Actions were informed by the report of the Commission on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Interim president John L. Junkins announced activities and leaders charged with forming teams and beginning work on the approved actions immediately.
The Faculty and Staff Recruitment and Recognition Committee aligns with BoR-approved actions 5 and 6 in the table below.
- Develop an actionable plan to strategically increase and diversify faculty – at all ranks – who elevate the national and international recognition of the university
- Develop a plan for the recruitment and support of frontline staff from underrepresented groups
- Develop an actionable plan to foster a climate of respect and inclusivity for all faculty and staff and address campus climate and equity issues proactively
- Design a new award or leverage existing reward structures to recognize faculty and staff who contribute to improving campus climate, equity, and inclusion.
- Blanca Lupiani, Dean of Faculties and Associate Provost (Co-lead)
- Jeff Risinger ’02, Vice President, Human Resources and Organizational Development (Co-lead)
- Annie McGowan, Interim Vice President and Associate Vice Provost for Diversity, Gina and William Flores Endowed Professor in Business (Co-lead)
- Christine Stanley ’85, ‘90, Professor of Higher Education
- Dale Rice, Faculty Senate, Speaker Elect
- Kristina Ballard, University Staff Council
- Cynthia Werner, Director of ADVANCE
- Scott Bauer ’85, ’87, Director of Talent Management
Provide an outline to the Office of the President regarding planned activities, timeline, milestones, goals for impact, and budget by March 26, 2021.