Campus Experience Committee
On January 25, 2021, the Texas A&M University System Board of Regents (BoR) approved actions recommended by the Office of the President, including $24.75 million additional investment in serving our land grant mission in diversity, equity, and inclusion. Actions were informed by the report of the Commission on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Interim president John L. Junkins announced activities and leaders charged with forming teams and beginning work on the approved actions immediately.
The Campus Experience Committee aligns with all BoR-approved actions in the table below.
The team is charged with helping Texas A&M foster and sustain an outstanding climate where Aggies from underrepresented and all groups contribute to the success of each other in their time here and are prepared to lead in the world upon graduation, having experienced the Aggie core values of Respect, Excellence, Integrity, Loyalty, and Selfless Service throughout their time as a student.
Recommend the (a) modification of existing and (b) implementation of new policies, processes, and initiatives to support meaningful change towards more inclusive and equitable campus experiences for students in support of the Aggie core values.
Team Composition and Consultation
The team shall be narrowly comprised of campus leaders from a diverse cross section from the campus community, including former students. Additionally, the team shall consult with various constituencies from across campus (including branch and satellite campuses) through forums, focus groups, surveys, and make available other sources of constituent input.
- Eric Mendoza ’21, Student Body President (Co-lead)
- Annie McGowan, Interim Vice President and Associate Vice Provost for Diversity, Gina and William Flores Endowed Professor in Business (Co-lead)
- Danny Pugh, Vice President for Student Affairs (Co-lead)
- Chante Anderson ‘20, Ph.D. Candidate, Graduate School
- Risa Bierman, Campus Ministry Association
- Kristie Orr ’91, ’03, Director, Disability Resources
- Jennifer Reyes ‘10, Office for Diversity
- Stephen Ruth ’92, Former Student Body President/Cadet
- Shariq Yosufzai ’74, Former Student
Provide an outline to the Office of the President regarding planned activities, timeline, milestones, goals for impact, and budget by March 26, 2021.